Financial Aid & Student Loans
Cosmoton is not accredited at this time and does not participate in any federal or state financial aid programs. If a student receives a loan to pay for the educational program the student will have the responsibility to repay the full amount of the loan plus interest less the amount of any refund.
- Step one – arrange for a personal interview with Cosmoton Admissions Representative and tour the campus.
- Step two – present the required educational documentation and identifications.
- U.S. High School Diploma, GED, State Proficiency Test or its equivalent. For students that have immigrated to the United States, the services of independent academic evaluators is needed to determine academic readiness. No Ability to Benefit (ATB) is accepted.
- Valid Social Security card
- Valid California ID
- Step three – schedule a date to take the aptitude exam prior to enrollment.
- Step four – Cosmoton Admission Representative will review rules and regulations with applicant and offer payment plan available to students. If applicant accepts enrollment agreement it is signed or taken home to review and brought back with initial deposit on the day of orientation.
- Step five – attend orientation and begin training.
Paying for Barber Program
Cosmoton offers in house student financing at a 0% interest rate.
- Cosmoton 1500 Hour New Talent Barbering Program $17,367.50
- 2023 $2500 Down Payment
- 11 monthly payments of $1318 to pay off balance.
- School Tuition cost is about $10 an hour
TUITION AND FEES
|Program||Barbering 2023||Barbering 2024|
|Application Fee + Registration fee Non-Refundable||$200.00||$200.00|
|*Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) Non-Refundable||$42.50||$42.50|
|Digital Lab Seat, Books & Tech Fee, Non-Refundable||$625.00||$625.00|
|Student Kit, Module Guides, Supplies, non-Refundable||$1500.00||$1500.00|
*STRF: $.50 for every $1,000 of tuition rounded to the nearest $1,000.
**Charges for the period of attendance and the entire program.
Additional Fee, paid by the graduate: California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology, Barbering examination and initial license fee $ 125.00.
Additional Fees, if applicable: Return check fee $15.00
All books, supplies and tools for the program selected will be furnished by the school at the stated charge. A complete list of required books, supplies, and/or equipment is provided to each student. Lost, mutilated, or stolen items will be replaced at the expense of the student.
STUDENT TUITION RECOVERY FUND
You must pay the state-imposed assessment for the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) if all of the following applies to you:
- You are a student in an educational program, who is a California resident, or are enrolled in a residency program, and prepay all or part of your tuition either by cash, guaranteed student loans, or personal loans, and
- Your total charges are not paid by any third-party payer such as an employer, government program or other payer unless you have a separate agreement to repay the third party.
You are not eligible for protection from the STRF and you are not required to pay the STRF assessment, if either of the following applies:
- You are not a California resident, or are not enrolled in a residency program, or
- Your total charges are paid by a third party, such as an employer, government program or other payer, and you have no separate agreement to repay the third party.
The State of California created the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF) to relieve or mitigate economic losses suffered by students in an educational program who are California residents, or are enrolled in a residency program attending certain schools regulated by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.
You may be eligible for STRF if you are a California resident or are enrolled in a residency program, prepaid tuition, paid the STRF assessment, and suffered an economic loss as a result of any of the following:
- The school closed before the program of instruction was completed.
- The school’s failure to pay refunds or charges on behalf of a student to a third party for license fees or any other purpose, or to provide equipment or materials for which a charge was collected within 180 days before the closure of the school.
- The school’s failure to pay or reimburse loan proceeds under a federally guaranteed student loan program as required by law or to pay or reimburse proceeds received by the school prior to closure in excess of tuition and other costs.
- There was a material failure to comply with the Act or this Division within 30 days before the school closed or, if the material failure began earlier than 30 days prior to closure, the period determined by the Bureau.
- An inability after diligent efforts to prosecute, prove, and collect on a judgment against the institution for a violation of the Act.
However, no claim can be paid to any student without a social security number or a taxpayer identification number.
For convenience to the public, Cosmoton Academy has provided above information about scholarship programs that may be available to eligible applicants including links to independent websites managed by scholarship program sponsors.
Neither Cosmoton Academy nor any Cosmoton Academy employee directs or manages the content of such websites and all questions regarding the availability and terms of, and conditions for award of, any scholarship should be directed to the program sponsor.
By completing and submitting a scholarship application, you may be required by the scholarship program sponsor to consent to the use of your contact information or related application details for marketing, promotional or other purposes. Review the terms and conditions of any scholarship or grant program for applicable conditions and requirements
Housing, Library, Student Conduct
Cosmoton does not assume responsibility for student housing. Cosmoton does not have dormatory facilities under its control nor offer student housing assistance. According to rentals.com for Lompoc Valley California, a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house rents between $1200 and $1400 per month.
The library contains reference resources and is available for use on campus during school hours. Reference resources are not available for check out and must remain on campus.
The rules and regulations of Cosmoton are designed to help the student learn professional habits at the beginning of his or her professional career. All students must comply with sanitary requirements and not interferer with other students. The student shall dress in a professional manner (see student handbook for details). Students must comply with all laws federal and state. Particularly laws relating to barbering. Students may be held liable for damages to the school and its equipment.
This is an undergraduate course and no prior experience is required. However, all students must pass the entrance exam with at least 70% to be accepted into Cosmoton. The entrance exam consist of 4th grade English and Math. We do not accept students that are enrolled/attending at another barber school/college simultaneously while attending Cosmoton Academy. The Cosmoton does not offer distance education. Cosmoton does not grant credit for prior experiential learning. As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review the catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. Cosmoton Academey will also discuss personal, educational and occupational goals with prospective students prior to enrolling or signing enrollment agreements.